If you have done the “homework” you already know what the problem is for your clients, you know the solution that can be given to them and it is time to design that solution.
We tell you the advantages of creating a mockup and we propose you tools that you can use.
First of all, you must be clear about something very important: design makes sense in a context. That is, it does not help much to design and present a logo of your company on a blank page, because it will be quite “bland”. What do you think about integrating it digitally in cards, ads or web page?
With the solution that your business idea brings, the same thing happens: you need a design and a context.
Discover mock-ups and their advantages
A mockup is simply a digital model or full-scale model of a product, which is used for a demonstration, design evaluation or promotion. Your goal is: to fall in love with the client, investor or partner.
The benefits of using a mockup are the following:
- It presents a finished idea and in an environment that seems real so that all its functionalities can be seen.
- Generates empathy with the viewer. It is the famous “a picture is worth a thousand words”. The connection with who looks originates emotions.
- Make a difference With a mockup you will enter the area of the marketing of the senses to differentiate yourself from your competition.
- Learn to sell an experience. It has been a long time since products and services have been sold, but rather experiences: How does it feel to enter an Apple store or drive a Mercedes?
Design your mockup: open your toolbox
Each type of solution you have for your business has a suitable type of tool. We propose several options:
- Balsamiq. It is one of the most used tools in the world of design. You can shape your ideas to show them to your clients or investors.
- Lucidchart You will create your mockup easily by dragging and dropping elements. In addition, you can share your project with other people.
- Marvelapp. It gives you the possibility to create dynamic prototypes for both websites and mobile devices and allows you to work as a team.
- MockFlow. It is a very simple tool and similar to Balsamiq. It has a free version and another one for payment.
The most important thing when designing your mockup is that you take into account the simplicity when transmitting your idea, therefore, try several options and choose the one that best suits the values and personality of your business.
How can a business accelerator help you?
On the road to validating your business idea as a solution to a problem and the design of the mockup, a business accelerator can play a very important role.
Accelerating means giving impulse to something that is moving. In the world of startups, an accelerator of companies fulfills precisely that function: giving a boost to companies that are starting (seed phase).
The benefits that an accelerator of companies can provide you are the following:
- Define and validate your idea. It may happen that your initial idea changes during the acceleration process.
- Share knowledge Acceleration is usually done in groups of several entrepreneurs, so it will be a perfect breeding ground for creativity.
- Receive help from mentors. Each entrepreneur will have the help of a mentor who will guide and solve their doubts, contributing their experience and skills in advising entrepreneurs.
- Possibility of finding financing. In general, the accelerators finish their process of acceleration of companies with a round of investment in which each entrepreneur presents his project to potential investors.
Therefore, the process is as follows:
- Generation of a business idea.
- Search for the problem that solves that idea.
- Validation of solutions.
- Plasmation of the whole idea on a canvas, as detailed in another post.
- Creation of a mockup.
- Search for help (if you need it) through a business accelerator.
You are ready to start and for your idea to begin to mature.